Indivisable Action's Five Weekly To-Dos to Get Involved in Your Local Legislature
- Sign up to make some calls connecting voters to senators to demand a complete and fair impeachment trial. We’ve said this already, but we’re halfway to our goal of calling one million constituents of the 13 senators who really need to hear from them (senators who are vulnerable because they’re up for reelection next year and folks who are retiring and worrying a lot about their legacies). We're asking you to call voters in those states and ask them to turn up the pressure on their elected officials. It’s a simple four-part process:
- You call a progressive voter in a key state with one of these 13 Republicans. These folks are your friends -- they attended the Women’s March and/or fight for progressive causes.
- You explain how they have power now. You’ll remind them why the continued fight for impeachment is so important -- and why they have particular power in this moment.
- You ask them to use their power. Then, you’ll ask them to call their senator and make their voices heard on why we’re demanding courage in this moment.
- You push a button and connect them to their senator’s office. The call tool will allow you to automatically patch them through to the senator’s DC office.
- Register or find a Trump is Not Above the Law Impeachment Eve event now. The night before the House of Representatives takes an historic vote to impeach Trump, as representatives finalize their positions and senators look on, we'll head to every congressional office and public square to declare that Nobody Is Above the Law. There are more than 315 events on the map as of now with more being added every day. Take a look to find (or host) one near you.
- Tell the House to lower prescription drug prices by improving H.R. 3. Sky-high prescription drug prices are an urgent crisis for millions of Americans, and it’s time for Congress to protect people from Big Pharma’s greed. H.R. 3, which will likely get a vote in the House in mid-December, is a good start, but it can still be expanded to make sure it benefits as many people as possible. Call your Member of Congress and tell them to improve H.R. 3 using our call script above!
- Register for the National Activist Call on Dec 5 at 8 PM ET. We're going to cover the latest updates on the impeachment inquiry in the House, share the latest updates on our presidential engagement process, and recap the work we did in 2019!
- Watch (or re-watch) our candidate interviews. Last week and today, Leah and Ezra launched a series of live interviews with the Democratic presidential candidates centered around the Indivisible movement as we continue our work to defeat Trump. If you missed them, head to our YouTube page to catch up! So far, we’ve talked to Senator Booker, Senator Warren, Tom Steyer, Mayor Buttigieg and Secretary Castro, and we have more invitations out.