Join VA NOW President Connie Cordovilla and Legislative VP Marj Signer, Charlottesville NOW board members, and many other advocates and elected officials Tuesday July 9th in Richmond to rally for gun violence prevention.
(Free bus service is available from many places; see below.)
The Virginia General Assembly will hold a special legislative session in Richmond to consider bills to prevent gun violence. GVP (gun violence prevention) advocates from all over the Commonwealth will welcome our elected leaders...and make sure the do-nothing politicians SEE and HEAR our outrage.
This special session is a bold move that Virginia NOW supports 100%. Not only are we all affected by gun violence tragedies like the one in Virginia Beach but women bear a special burden: a staggering portion of violence against women is fatal, and a key driver of these homicides is access to guns.
We've had enough of their "thoughts and prayers."
Now is the time for VOTES and LAWS!
What do we want? A floor vote on sensible gun laws!
- Universal Background Checks
- Extreme Risk Laws (aka "Red Flag" or "ERPO" laws)
- Domestic Violence Protective Orders
- Mandatory Reporting of lost or stolen firearms
- Restoration of the One-Gun-a-Month Law
- Child Access Protection Laws
- Dangerous Weapons Ban (assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers)
- Allowing localities the right to set their own laws prohibiting firearms from public buildings, events, and rallies
Contact the Republican leaders of the General Assembly with this message: Bring gun violence prevention bills to a "Floor Vote!"
Sen. Tommy Norment
Toll Free: 800-698-2027
Del. Kirk Cox
These bills are about saving lives. Please do all you can to advance gun violence prevention.
VA NOW State Officers
Connie Cordovilla, Pat Reuss, Marj Signer, Barbara Haley
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Bus Service to Richmond Rally
Thanks to the generosity of numerous groups, transportation will be provided from all over the state:
- Buses from DC and Northern Virginia, provided by Brady and March For Our Lives: https://www.mobilize.us/brady/event/95545/
- Bus from VA Beach, provided by Moms Demand Action - VA and Everytown for Gun Safety: https://act.everytown.org/event/moms-demand-action-event/23963/signup/
-Bus from Charlottesville, provided by the Charlottesville Coalition for Gun Violence Prevention:
- For transportation from Roanoke, VA, contact Catherine from Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) at email@example.com
For transportation from Hampton, contact Kayla from CSGV at firstname.lastname@example.org